The latest version of Xiaomi’s custom Android skin – MIUI 12 – is finally here. The company has dropped the curtain yesterday, alongside the Mi 10 Youth Edition launch event in China. Compared to MIUI 11, the stable version of which was released less than six months ago, MIUI 12 brings in a slew of improvements, visual overhauls, and many new features. We have already extracted the new wallpapers, and now we are presenting the downloading links of the first set of MIUI 12 beta firmware packages for a bunch of Xiaomi and Redmi devices.
It is worth mentioning that these closed beta builds (compiled on April 27) are meant for the Chinese variants, as Xiaomi suspended the rollout of MIUI global beta since last year. As a consequence, you have to flash these recovery ROMs using TWRP to bypass the MIUI beta account whitelisting. Do not expect Google Play Services or any pre-installed Google apps in them. Language options are likely limited to English and Chinese only, too. The beta MIUI 12 builds listed below are based on either Android Pie or Android 10, depending on the device.
Download: MIUI 12
Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
Mi 9 (cepheus)
Mi Mix 2 (chiron)
Mi 10 Pro (cmi)
|5||Mi 9 Pro 5G (crux)||Android 10||Download|
Redmi K20/Mi 9T (davinci)
Mi 8 (dipper)
Mi 8 Pro (equuleus)
Mi 9 SE (grus)
Mi Note 3 (jason)
Redmi Note 7/7S (lavender)
Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
Mi Mix 3 (perseus)
|14||Redmi K30 5G (picasso)||Android 10||Download|
|15||Mi 8 Lite (platina)||Android 10||Download|
POCO X2/Redmi K30 4G (phoenix)
Mi Mix 2S (polaris)
Mi 9 Lite/Mi CC9 (pyxis)
Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro (raphael)
Mi 6 (sagit)
Mi 8 SE (sirius)
Mi Note 10/Mi CC9 Pro (tucana)
|24||Mi 10 (umi)||Android 10||Download|
|25||Mi 8 Explorer Edition (ursa)||Android 10||Download|
|26||Mi CC9 Meitu Edition (vela)||Android 10||Download|
|27||Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet)||Android 10||Download|
|28||Mi 6X (wayne)||Android 9||Download|
Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
The full changelog for MIUI 12 beta:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- Xiaomi Health
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
- Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- File Manager
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.