The Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G used the first-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 modem to provide sub-6GH5G connectivity over Sprint’s mid-band 5G network. The other major difference between the unlocked 4G OnePlus 7 Pro and Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is the software. The Sprint version does not have an officially unlockable bootloader unlike the 4G unlocked version. The T-Mobile 4G variant lets users unlock the boot loader as soon as they have paid for their device, but the Sprint version does not. However, now an unofficial bootloader unlock method has been found for Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G phones.
The team behind Unofficial Bootloader Unlock inadvertently operated a mail-in service to match the bootloaders of Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro devices through approval of user requests. However, a recent development has led to the discontinuation of that method, as the team has now started to allow a bootloader to be unlocked on the Sprint model without the need to mail the device or do anything remotely. Has acquired MSM equipment.
Users are advised to treat this informal bootloader method with discretion, as there is no guarantee that things are not wrong. Once their device has unlocked the bootloader, they will not be able to use the OTA update as expected. They must either flash the update via fastboot or reset their device to stock and lock the bootloader once again to update via OTA.
Below is the procedure to unofficially unlock the bootloader on the Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
NOTE : We are not responsible if anything goes wrong.Act accordingly.
- Make sure you have the latest adb/fastboot binary installed and your driver’s are fully up to date.
- Download the unlocking MSMDownloadTool from here: guacamoles_unlock.zip
- Reboot to EDL mode (Volume Up+Volume Down+USB)
- Allow the MSMTool to run to completion, BUT STAY ALERT!
- As soon as the MSMTool finishes, it will reboot the phone, DO NOT ALLOW IT TO BOOT TO THE SYSTEM, INTERRUPT THE REBOOT BY ENTERING FASTBOOT
- Immediately run “fastboot flashing unlock”
- You should now have an unlocked bootloader!
IF YOU ARE ON SLOT B, YOU MAY GET STUCK IN FASTBOOT, TO FIX THIS FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- fastboot –set-active=other
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- fastboot –set-active=other (again)
- fastboot boot twrp.img
TWRP for Q (10) [Android 10]
- Once in twrp, format data again, and then try to reboot.
- * Copy the TWRP img to your adb directory and run:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
- * Or for Pie:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img
- * Copy the installation zips to your storage
* Flash twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip
* Flash Magisk-v20.4.zip
You may also Like: